Native Animal Rescue (N.A.R.) was founded in 1982 and is headquartered on a 15 hectare natural bush site in Malaga, Western Australia. N.A.R. is a not-for-profit, non government incorporated body dedicated to the rehabilitation and release of sick, injured, orphaned and displaced native animals. The organisation is also involved in leading-edge conservation programs state-wide and continuously collaborates with Councils, Governmental Departments and Universities to develop and maintain game-changing rehabilitation strategies.
- Native Animal Rescue cares for more than 3,000 native birds and animals in need each year.
- Native Animal Rescue collaborates with over 200 volunteers all over Western Australia.
Our Commitments to the Community
- Treat and care for sick, injured, orphaned and displace native animals and to rehabilitate them back into their natural environment;
- Contribute to conservation strategies in collaboration with various agencies;
- Provide facilities for the training of practitioners in wildlife management skills and the education of the wider community in wildlife issues;
- Educate veterinary students in the care and handling of wildlife;
- and provide resources and facilities to support research into wildlife issues.
Native Animal Rescue has one of the best clinic facilities available in Western Australia for the care and rehabilitation of native animals. Our organisation collaborates with veterinary clinics to provide a rescue service for native animals to the community living in Perth. In addition, Native Animal Rescue has developed exclusive rehabilitation facilities and programs such as:
We are a volunteer-driven organisation so would welcome any help you can give us! We have volunteers doing everything from animal care to office administration.
If you can’t give much of your time but would like to know more about what we are doing, then membership is for you.
We are a not-for-profit organisation running several world class facilities, so we rely heavily on donations to keep the lights on. There are lots of ways you can donate.