Do you love wildlife, or do you know someone else who does? Are you looking for an interesting and unique gift for a loved one? Perhaps you’re just looking to help the daily lives of rehabilitated wildlife.
As of 2017, Native Animal Rescue launched the Animal Sponsorship Program. For now, we are offering you the opportunity to sponsor one of our amazing black cockatoos.
For as little as $10 per month you can make a real difference for these amazing birds. Read on for more information.
Animals available for sponsorship:
Carnaby’s black cockatoo (Calyptorhynchus latirostris)
Forest red-tailed black cockatoo (Calyptorhynchus banksii naso)
- You can sponsor an animal that is unable to be released back into the wild and is thus being kept as an educational animal for events, displays and lectures; or
- You can sponsor an animal that will be released back into the wild, and helping bolster local populations from threats of extinction.
What you’ll receive upon sponsoring an animal:
- Certificate of appreciation
- Information sheet about the species you sponsor
- Information about the specific animal being sponsored, including:
- Where it was found
- Why it came to us at NAR
- How long it has been in care, and how much care we expect it will require
- Your name on our Sponsorship page on this website
- Other extras are available for an additional cost.
What will your sponsorship do to help these animals?
All sponsorship funds will be used for the treatment of injuries, illnesses, or other issues that require appointments with Veterinary staff. These funds will directly pay for Vet bills, medication, and any procedures necessary. Your sponsorship will help us ensure we are able to give the animals the best care they need and deserve.
Black cockatoos are often brought to NAR after sustaining injuries to their wings, beaks, and/or heads. We are dedicated to the rehabilitation and release of every cockatoo we receive. Rehabilitation usually lasts for around 12 months while the birds regain their strength.
Prices for sponsorship
Black cockatoo Sponsorship – Just click on the relevant button to pay online.
Monthly Sponsorships – $10 per month:
Annual Sponsorships – $100
Extras – Please contact us via email@example.com to arrange extras:
$50 ea perks
- Education animals: Visit your sponsored animal
- Wild animals: Be a part of the release
$100 ea perks
- Naming rights, new admissions only (one per animal)
- 12″ x 12″ framed print of the sponsored animal, mailed to you
To arrange for sponsorship via another method you can contact us on 9249 3434 or fill out the form below.
All sponsorships are processed on Wednesdays, but we will be able to take your information at any time.
Will there be other animals available to sponsor?
We started the program with Carnaby’s black cockatoos, as no other centres across Australia currently offer these animals to sponsor. We have now added Forest red-tailed black cockatoos to this list, as they are just as amazing as the Carnaby’s cockatoos and also need support. We will be offering additional species to sponsor in the future, so keep a look out! Please let us know if you are interested in sponsoring other animals by filling out the form below.
Would you like to stay informed of animal sponsorship opportunities at NAR?
Please fill out the form below and we will let you know first about new animals and new species available for sponsorship.